The University of Houston-Clear Lake (UHCL) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Communication (Social Media Analytics and Content Production) position beginning September 1, 2022 . The Communication program is housed in the Communication and Studio Arts department within the College of Human Sciences and Humanities.
- Teach undergraduate courses related to social media analytics, strategic social media, new media literacies, and digital content production – the equivalent of up to three classes per semester (fall and spring).
- Develop other social media-related coursework in line with the candidate’s area of expertise.
- Participate on college, program and departmental committees and maintain a productive research program with potential for student involvement.
- Doctoral degree or a comparable terminal degree in strategic communication, public relations or related Advanced ABD will be considered.
- Four years of professional experience in the public relations and social media field, in an agency, corporate, nonprofit or similar
- Expertise in social media analytics, social media management, and content
- Evidence of potential to help build a student-run agency and being willing to interface with community
Preference will be given to applicants with evidence of or potential for teaching excellence and a drive to develop social media related courses in line with the program’s emphasis on content creation.
Bilingual skills (especially Spanish).
Desire and ability to expand university-industry partnerships. Area of research expertise with a social media focus.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Teaching Philosophy or Statement, Research Statement, Evidence of Effective Teaching
Notes to Applicant:
Applications are only accepted online through the UHCL Job Opportunities website. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching interests, and evidence of teaching excellence. Reference letters will only be required from candidates invited for an on-campus interview. Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. must be provided as a condition of employment. A background check and the successful pass of a criminal history record check is required prior to on-campus interviews. The position will be open until filled, with priority given to applications received by December 1, 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. UHCL reserves the right to extend the search or not fill the position.
University of Houston-Clear Lake is proud to be recognized by the U.S. Department of the Interior as a member of the Minority Serving Institutions Program. UHCL is an HSI: Hispanic Serving Institution and is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer supporting workplace diversity.
Organization C0023 HSH Dean’s Office
Posting Date Oct 28, 2021
The policy of University of Houston-Clear Lake is to ensure equal opportunity in all its educational programs and activities, and all terms and conditions of employment without regard to age, race, color, disability, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, genetic information, or sex (including pregnancy), except where such a distinction is required by law. Additionally, UHCL prohibits discrimination in all aspects of employment and educational programs on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.